Monday, January 10, 2011

My TV stole my wallet...

It's come to my attention that I have an infatuation with infomercials. EVERYTHING looks great and I can't imagine we've all survived without our snuggie's or Magic Bullet's! Here are some of the things that are on my I "Can't live without" right now list:

Magic Bullet:

It slices, it dices, it even makes cocktails! With this handy chopper and recipe book I can be the best quick chef ever and make multiple meals with a snap! At least according to the magical tv :) I think anyone who has a busy schedule should get this or if you want to eat healthier by adding more fruit/veggies into your diet without the tastes you may not like. Only thing holding me back is that it's a little expensive. but I think i'll be investing soon :)

The InStyler



It makes you look like you've walked out a salon EVERYDAY!! lol....okay so that might be a little over the top but it still seems pretty convincing. After asking the almighty Facebook panel about it a lot of my friends said they either have it themselves or know someone who has it and they raved about it. It's supposed to polish you're hair using a rotating iron and a bristle brush Kind of like when you go to the salon and they blow dry your hair while using a bristle brush (which apparently is physically impossible for me to do on my own) this styler has the same idea but with a straightener. It's $100 but some people said it only lasts a couple months and then breaks. I guess it all depends on how you use it and if you try to slam it down or something, but I have some coupons that might make this purchase a little less painful :)

and then of course.....

The snuggie!!! If they had a pink leopard one i'd be ALL OVER that!!!! It really looks comfy especially when i'm watching all my shows in the other room that my hubby can't stand (i.e. anything on the Style network or HGTV) I know there are some patterns online that allow you to use whatever fabric you want to make your own...if I find one, you know what everyone will get for christmas next year!!! :)

Those are just a few of the things on my list for now.... other ones include more home improvment type things and of course beauty products. We'll see which ones I actually end up buying. :)


5 comments:

  1. Hey Chicky!
    I love infomercials too! Do you mean to tell me that they didn't offer you the Magic Bullet for 1 easy payment of $19.95 with a second one thrown in free??? And I was on the couch the other nite with the iPad and my arms were cold cuz I was using ur standard blanket, and I thought, "you know I could use a snuggie about now." I think I'm resisting buying one because of the simple fact that their commercials are friggin LAME. Case in point: re-wording the Macarena and making a snuggie for dogs. :-P
    <3 Hil

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! We were just talking about the Magic Bullet this morning. I am getting one for my bday after payday, so this weekend. I will let you know my expert opinion about how well it works to make baby food.

    The snuggie.. I am not going to lie, I own one! It was a gift from my mother-in-law for Christmas 2009. It is very long.. when I use it, if I stand up to walk to the kitchen or wherever, it's so long that I trip over it. I have not used it in quite a while though. It's not very breastfeeding friendly. Let's modify it.. let's make one with a flap for breastfeeding moms. lol

    You ladies have inspired me to want to write a blog too, but I'm not creative, so it'd be boring. So for now, I will read yours. :-)

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hil: I agree, everytime I see the commercials it makes me mad that I actually want to buy one. We'll just have to make sure that the next time we go dancing that we wear them on the dance floor cuz apparently thats what the cool kids do :)

    Jenny-Bean: I totally didn't know who you were at first! lol... I'm surprised that ANYTHING would be too long for you. You totally should make a breast feeding friendly one! Put a little button on it and make a flap. You'd be a billionaire.....and Hilary and I can do a stupid dance in your commerical! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Magic Bullet is awesome! We bought one, and I LOVE it. I am so over my traditional blender. haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, and I should update my profile so it posts things under "Jenny" and not "Jennifer."

    ReplyDelete