Thursday, June 23, 2011

What to do with #2??

As a newlywed, there's still a lot of things i'm learning about being married. How to say things differently so your spouse don't get his feelings hurt, when to NOT say anything and just let it go, when to push them a little bit because you know they want you to, as well as other traditional rules like what kind of anniversary presents are for each year of your marriage. The last part I did not know about!!!

You know the saying "If I knew now what I know then..." well I feel that way sometimes about our wedding and the beginning of our married life. I didn't know there were all these things your expected to do. Like gifts for each other on your wedding day, notes to each other, and other things like that. For our first anniversary, we didn't really do presents, we just spent a lot on ourselves and took a really nice trip. But I didn't know you're supposed to give a "paper" gift....does our reciept count???

Last night I was thinking that I have about 3 months until our 2nd wedding annivesary and I don't even know what the 2nd anniversary traditional gift is.....so to Google I went!! Did you know the traditional gift for your 100th anniversary is a 10 carat diamond ring???? Whoever wrote these must have known that no one hardly ever gets to their 100th wedding anniversary, but it sure is nice to dream!! haha. Well...for the rest of you who are like me and don't know these rules...here's a list to help you out. Looks like someone is getting a bag of cotton balls this year! If only... :)

Traditional Wedding Anniversary Gift List

1st Paper
2nd Cotton
3rd Leather
 4th Fruit, flowers
5th Wood
6th Sugar
7th Copper, wool
8th Bronze, pottery
9th Pottery, willow
10th Tin
11th Steel
12th Silk, linen
13th Lace
14th Ivory
15th Crystal
20th China
25th Silver
30th Pearl
35th Coral
40th Ruby
45th Sapphire
50th Gold
55th Emerald
60th Diamond
75th Platinum Diamondlike Stones, Gold
80th Diamond, Pearl
85th Diamond, Sapphire
90th Diamond, Emerald
95th Diamond, Ruby
100th 10 Carat Diamond

1 comment:

  1. Today is your mom and my 38th anniversary.
    We gave each other a kiss in the morning, a nice dinner, and time together.That's all we needed.
    Gifts are nice but not really required. As long as you love and respect each other, the rest is gravy.

    ReplyDelete