Friday, June 24, 2011

don't forget about numero uno

When you're a teenager and you get your first paycheck, you think of all the things you can buy with that free money.  New shoes, a new outfit, that super cute purse from Anchor Blue.  When you're older and start to gain more responsibility, it becomes "which bill should I pay first?" or "I'll put this money towards something more expensive later" or even to "i'll just put it in savings for a rainy day. " 

I'll never forget when my aunt told me "always buy yourself at least one thing with your paycheck, that way you at least feel like you're getting something for you work instead of just seeing it go to everyone else"  and I thought that was so true. So i'm going to keep trying to do that and treat myself with something from every paycheck.  I see more big sunglasses and things pink leopard in my future.  What would you treat yourself with??



1 comment: