Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy Fourth of July!!!

Hey Everyone,

I hope you're having a great 4th of July just like I am.  This weekend has been so crazy and its not even over yet! It all started on Friday when my mom, sister, and I went to the NKOTBSB concert.  Yes you read right...New Kids on the Block and Backstreet Boys come together for an AMAZING show. My sister was crazy obsessed with New Kids, and I was crazy obsessed with BSB when I was a teenager. I swore I was going to marry Nick Carter...and Brock kind of looks like him the more I think about it...haha...anyways it was so fun because it was like all of us coming full circle.  My sister with her new kids, me with BSB, and my mom remembering going through both right there along with us. We sang our hearts out and danced like crazy until midnight, just to drive home singing all the songs again. It was the best ever and a great way to start off the weekend.

The next morning, Brock and I started our weekend off with a Massage Envy massage which was GREAT for me since I woke up crazy sore from the night before....(guess I brought "Backstreets Back" a little too much..oops!) then we were off to huntington beach to hang out with Brock's aunt's and uncles at their home there.  It's always great going there because it's so relaxing and it's just a walk across the street from the beach.  Once we got there, we ate, changed, and headed over for some fun in the sun...where I fell asleep in under 5 minutes of lying on the sand. I guess I was still re cooperating from the night before. After that we hung out there the rest of the night and then made the treck up to Lake Arrowhead.  I've been calling it our All-American SoCal weekend, I went from LA, to the beach, to the mountains, then to my parents, and back home. Whew!! It sure was tough thinking about that gas bill, but it's been a lot of fun to make up for it.

This morning we hung around and basically slept and ate all day which was wonderful as always. Then we went out to the boat dock around 7pm to get ready for the fireworks. Lake Arrowhead always has a great firework show on the lake and the surrounding atmosphere just makes it that more relaxing and different.  You're right on the water, watching all the boats, the lights are on in the stores of the Village and then the fireworks go off. It's a great patriotic way to celebrate this wonderful holiday.

Tomorrow we're heading down to Upland for fireworks show number 2 and then heading on home.  Tuesday should be interesting and will probably include lots of coffee for me, but at least i'll have some great memories to look back on.  I hope you've had as great of a weekend as I've had, if not better and that you have a safe and enjoyable 4th of July!

Here are some pictures of my weekend so far











No comments:

Post a Comment