Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Why are we on crack?

Anyone ever notice how when people that are from California are portrayed on TV or in movies, they're always on the beach or just coming in from playing a "rousing game of tennis" or doing something leisurly instead of working or cleaning or being productive? But as I look around more and more, I see that is DEFINETLEY not the case.  People are so anxious and so high strung that people still need medication to relax on a daily basis. Isn't this how we are supposed to be?


 So why are we all on crack??? Everytime im in line somewhere there is always a person behind me tapping their fingers on the counter in a "lets hurry this up" kind of motion and for what? so they can get 3 seconds of their life back? Or when you're on the freeway and the person behind you is on your tail because you're going "too slow" when there is another car right in front of you?  So the car behind you goes around you because obviously you don't know what you are doing, just to be less than one car length ahead of you?? because THAT'S a genius idea!! Oh my goodness...*breathe in....breathe out...*

Whatever happen to the times when you could actually take a lunch for 30 minutes and not have your boss hounding you to see where you are and what you are doing? Or when you could take a day off work and not feel guilty for calling in sick? Especially with facebook and twitter, people are getting in trouble for more things in the work place than ever. I remember watching shows like Saved by the Bell or California Dreams and thinking "it's never like that!" when they showed them hanging out at the beach and just chillin, well....maybe in high school it was.

But I thought things were supposed to get better as an adult? I mean, we can drive now without any restrictions? So why not drive all over and go to the beach and the hollywood sign? I think it's a true crime that I have lived here my whole life and I have never been to the hollywood sign! Bah-Humbug! I need to make a new bucket list!!  Let's just hope Britney Spears isn't an indication of what can happen when someone gets "California-ized"





No comments:

Post a Comment